School of Culture, History and Language, College of Asia and the Pacific
Canberra, ACT 0200 AUSTRALIA
61 2 6125 4656
61 2 6125 3144
Baldessin Precinct Building
I am a senior lecturer at the School of Culture, History and Language at the Australian
University. My research interests are intonational
modeling, forensic voice comparison, experimental phonetics, CALL, speech processing
processing. I am a
visiting researcher at the
National Centre for Biometric Studies, University of
Canberra. I also collaborate some studies with the Rose & Morrison
Forensic Voice Comparison Laboratory.
side bar to navigate this site.
- [15 December, 2010] Presented, a paper entitled Comparison of Native and Non-native Perception of L2 Japanese Speech Varying in Prosodic Characteristics (with Chiharu Tsurutani and Kimiko Tsukada) for SST2010.
- [14 December, 2010] Presented, a paper entitled Filler Words as a Speaker Classification Feature (with Yuko Kinoshita) for SST2010.
- [14 December, 2010] Presented, a paper entitled F0 Can Tell Us More: Speaker Classification Using the Long Term Distribution (with Yuko Kinoshita) to SST2010.
- [9 December, 2010] Presented, a paper entitled Variability and Consistency in the Idiosyncratic Selection of Fillers in Japanese Monologues: Gender Differences for Australasian Language Technology Workshop 2010.
- [3 December, 2010] Presented, a paper entilted What Constitutes 'Good Pronunciation' from L2 Japanese Learners' and Native Speakers' Perspectives? A Perception Study (with Chiharu Tsurutani and Kimiko Tsukada) to the Proceedings of CLaSIC2010.
- [10 October, 2010]
Presented, a paper entitled What Does 'a Fluent Speaker' Mean for Non-native Listeners?
Perception of L2 Listeners (with Chiharu Tsurutani and Kimiko Tsukada) at the Twenty-Fourth General Meeting of the Phonetic Society of Japan.
- [2 June, 2010] Submitted for review, a paper entitled Experimenting with a
Japanese Automated Essay Scoring System in the L2 Japanese Environment (with Jun Imaki) to Japanese Studies.
- [01 June, 2010] Awarded, CAP Research grants.
- [30 April, 2010] Published, a paper entitled A
Collocation Analysis of Topic Change Utterances of Multi-Party Meeting
Conversations, in the proceedings of the 2009
Australian Linguistc Society Conference.
- [05 January, 2010] Submitted, a revised manuscript entitled Osaka and Kagoshima Japanese
Citation Tone Acoustics: A Linguistic-Tonetic Comparative Study, to
Journal of the International Phonetic Association
- [02 December, 2009] Awarded, ARC LIEF grants (a group of approximatelly 30 researchers) for the Big Australian Speech Corpus (LE100100211)